Thursday, January 3, 2013

Why being an atheist is not the same as being a devil worshipper, and making eye contact with me will not send you straight to hell.

With Christmas now over I feel the need to write a post about religion. As we all know, Christmas is the celebration of the day Santa artificially inseminated the Virgin Mary and Jebus was born.

At least that is what I have been led to believe.

This is a perfectly fine thing to believe if that floats your boat. I don’t mind what people believe in (well… except Scientologists… I mean, REALLY PEOPLE? Really??)

Personally I am an atheist. Recently it has come to my attention that some people are confused by the definition of the term atheist.



While I can understand how one would come to this conclusion*, I do not worship Satan.

In actuality, the very fact that I do not recognise a God also means that I do not recognise a devil or ‘Satan’ as you like to call him. This also means that you do not have to pray for me, attempt to ‘save' me or describe to me what I will miss out on in Heaven. I also don’t believe in that.
So to clarify, I do NOT believe in the following:

God (or any variation)
Satan (or any variation)
Heaven
Hell
Reincarnation

Despite this, making eye contact with me or any other atheists will not send you straight to hell

I believe that once you die you get buried in the ground and eaten by bugs, but I'm an optimist when it comes to things like that.

*Statement may be false. I do not actually understand the stupidity of 99.9% of the human race.

No comments:

Post a Comment