Sunday, November 4, 2012

Once upon a time, this song SAVED my life.


Which I discovered from reading a book called God-Shaped Hole by Tiffanie Debartolo.

Except when I read it, it was called The Shape Of My Heart.

That book CHANGED my life, and the plot centered around the lyrics

If your intentions are pure
I'm seeking a friend 
For the end of the world

The book was a Christmas present from my Aunt. I think she found it in a bargain bin in a book store. I first read it when I was 14. I kind of believe in fate and think that book was meant to come into my life.

I have read it hundreds of times since. I don't have the huge, hardcover copy I once had anymore, but the old paperback copy I found on eBay is dog-eared and well-loved. 

Several weeks ago I went to the movies with my mother. We didn't know what to see. 


I knew nothing about it except that the title was meaningful to me. 

That movie MOVED me and made me think in a way no other movie ever has. 

So in a way, Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World is placing bookmarks in my life. 

It is, at the risk of sounding like a melancholy teenager, at least describing my life.

Do you have anything similar in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment